Search This Blog

Thursday, November 18, 2010

My grandfather

Charles Drew: Pioneer in Medicine (Fact Finders: Biographies)OLYMPICS: HIPPOCRATES IN OLYMPIA (NTSC)In Search of History: Frontier Doctors 
This blog is dedicated to my grandfather, Late Dr. Patit Pavan Mukherjee.

My grandfather started his career after completing his LMF from Shyammilan Medical School, Bankura (West Bengal) in 1932. He joined as a medical officer of sugar mill of Siswa Bazar (Maharajgang)situated in north east uttar pradesh.

He was the pioneer of medicine in Maharajgang district and near by areas. Served the area for 45 years with his excellent knowledge and expertise. Saved thousands of lifes in the area. People faith him as a next to god. He completed his LMF with gold medal and spend all his life for humanity welfare and make our society free of diseases and grief.

We have a voluntary organisation for social welfare ie "Late Dr. Patit Pavan Mukherjee Institute of Cancer and Allied Sciences".

Apart from medicine my grandfather took initiative to start the first Intermediate college in the area and was the first Chairman of managing committee of the college.

On my part I want to do some social work under the voluntary organisation named after my grandfather.Let's hope for the best.

Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment